Jul 31, 2016
Max Kelly is currently Managing Director of Techstars London. Techstars is the world’s leading accelerator programme for early stage start ups, having incubated over 800 companies and developed corporate accelerator programs for the likes of Barclays, Nike and Disney to name just a few.
Prior to Techstars, Max spent 12 years at Virgin where he was responsible for the strategy of the group and for starting new companies:
- Virgin Insight - delivered big data consultancy to all the Virgin companies
- Virgin Mobile USA - grew to revenues of $1bn within 18 months
- Virgin Mobile Canada - voted best Canadian network in its launch year
- Virgin Healthbank - freezing stem cells cryogenically
These companies exited for more than $500M for Richard Branson.
Alongside his Virgin commitments, Max also co-founded lastsecondtickets.com which was successfully sold in 2014.
- corporate startup relationships
- fintech and blockchain
- why Techstars success rates hover around 90%
- what Techstars looks for in startup founders and teams
- aligning corporate and startup expectations and metrics
LinkedIn - au.linkedin.com/in/maxkelly
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com